ICEF Public Schools offers a variety of skill building programs that can benefit our students' social, emotional, and academic growth during the school year.
Individuals who need more in-depth one-on-one or small group counseling sessions have the opportunity to meet once a week for 20-40 minutes with a School Counselor. Some of the goals of the counseling may be:
- To help students acquire positive attitudes, knowledge, and skills.
- To help students remove barriers to learning that will improve their academic success.
- To help students build self-esteem and understand/develop respect for self and others.
- To help students with problem solving, decision making, and with setting personal goals.
- To help students in the development of social skills to effectively communicate and interact with peers.
The length of services varies according to the developmental level and need of the student, and the degree of progress the student is making towards his/her goals. Group and individual counseling sessions vary per student but can last from four to ten weeks.