Mental Health & Support Services
The Mental Health and Support Services Department consists of licensed and certified school counselors, psychologists, and behaviorists. This multi-disciplinary team believes in providing personalized support at each ICEF school through responding to the needs of each student. ICEF Public Schools offers a range of tiered mental health, counseling, and social-emotional services in order to support our scholars to better equipped to thrive in school and life.
Some of the skills that our school counselors or psychologists may focus on are the following:
- Acquiring positive attitudes, knowledge, and skills
- Removing barriers to learning that will improve their academic access
- Building self-esteem and understand/develop respect for self and others
- Support with problem solving, decision making, and with setting personal goals
- Development of social skills to effectively communicate and interact with peers