ICEF Teacher Residency at Alder GSE
This innovative teacher residency program combines immersive hands-on practice in the classroom with educational theory and research in both in-person seminars and online courses. It takes place in partnership with K–12 schools in historically underserved communities, and 97% of Alder graduates obtain full-time teaching positions after completing the program.
In this residency year you will:
- Earn your Master’s Degree and Teaching Credential* in one year.
- Apprentice four days a week with an expert teacher in an ICEF School
- Learn within a cohort of peers with whom you will work (and laugh) all year, paving the way to becoming lifelong friends and colleagues.
- Build a relationship with an expert instructional leader in K–12 education, who will advise and support you through one-on-one observation and dialogue.
- Engage in critical conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion with your mentor, instructors, and peers.
- Receive priority consideration for a full-time position upon completing the program.
- Do all of this at a cost that is affordable and includes financial support.
*Once Alder GSE has been granted both Initial Institutional Approval and Initial Program Approval by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
ICEF & Alder Cohort Program Details:
For the 2020-2021 Residency Cohort, ICEF Schools is looking for qualified applicants in the following areas:
- Multiple Subject all grades
- Single Subject Math
- Single Subject Science
- Special Education all grades
- Early September 2019
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE
- October 14th
- Week of October 21st (tentative)
INTERVIEW DAY WINDOW
- November 1st - 9th (tentative)
- November 24th (tentative)